Biological Science Technician (Wildlife)
Field Development & Research
Technical Product Director
- Benefit Eligible
SenesTech, Inc. is a platform life sciences company specializing in reproductive physiology. We are currently commercializing our first product, ContraPest®, a liquid contraceptive pest control tool that will profoundly change the world via animal pest population management. We are currently applying our revolutionary technology to the control of commensal rats in both agricultural and urban settings. To learn more, visit our website at www.senestech.com
We are seeking full-time candidates who are passionate, experienced, and creatively driven to exceed expectations. The company includes a wide range of technical specialties and backgrounds that supports inclusion and collaboration across teams while encouraging professional growth. We are looking for candidates to join our team that shares our values and wants to use their skills to help make an impact.
The Biological Science Technician will join our Research team to help expand the application of our product. This role will assist with the planning and execution of field projects, including developing study designs, identifying sampling techniques, preparing equipment, and other project-related tasks. The Biological Science Technician will be responsible for collecting, managing, analyzing, and reporting field data. The position will also support product development strategies by gathering data and information from field product testing, as needed. A scientific background is required, and field research experience is strongly preferred. Candidates should be interested in our product’s technology and understand the principles of population management for invertebrate pest species.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in data collection and site assessments, adhering to standard operating procedures.
- Conduct population monitoring on rats to measure changes in relative abundance and activity levels.
- Accurately input data into datasheets, notebooks, and databases.
- Create, organize, and maintain databases.
- Provide regular updates to upper management regarding project status.
- Analyze, interpret, and effectively communicate data findings verbally, in written reports and presentations.
- Generate high-quality graphs, tables, and other figures for distribution.
- Coordinate and execute individual travel to field study sites.
- Prepare protocols, update timelines, and review the pertinent literature.
- Execute field testing of new products or accessories prior to launch.
- Operate company vehicles in accordance with company use and safety procedures.
- Upkeep and manage inventory supplies and field equipment.
- Support with budget upkeep and tracking, including debit/credit card forms, expense reporting, and supply ordering.
- Maintain client/customer relations for all assigned projects.
- Help translates field research findings into market materials, labels, use directions, etc.
- Confidently speak and educate others on the product.
- Operate equipment and use supplies according to safety guidelines. Perform all job-related duties in accordance with company safety procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in wildlife management, biology, ecology, zoology, or related field AND two years of relevant experience.
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral).
- Excellent quantitative skills
- Data collection (preferably in a field setting), management and analysis experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret academic journals, technical publications, and government regulations.
- Demonstrates initiative, attention to detail, and follow-through.
- Self-accountable and responsible; can meet deadlines and multi-task
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite. Working knowledge of Prism, JMPR, and Smartsheet software is a plus.
- Ability to draft reports, business correspondence, presentations, and procedural manuals.
- Effectively and accurately respond to questions from upper management, colleagues, clients, and industry partners.
- Exceeds in the fast-paced work environment and easily adapts to change.
Physical Demands and Travel Requirements:
- Able to work in safety-sensitive positions.
- Fieldwork may require long hours of carrying heavy objects (up to 40lbs), walking, and bending at the waist; typical environmental hazards include exposure to the sun, changing weather conditions, and working around rodents, insects, or other wildlife.
- Most office work is performed while seated, although occasional periods of standing, walking, bending, or carrying light objects are required.
- Tasks may require special safety precautions and wearing appropriate protective clothing, such as boots, goggles, masks, or gloves.
- Position will require the operation of the company or rental vehicles. Must have a valid driver’s license and clean motor vehicle and automobile insurance records.
- Travel is required 50% or more of the time. Occasional group travel may entail shared accommodations.
- Various background, driving, employment verifications, and clean drug screen are required and will be run for all final-round candidates.
- Occupational Health Assessment includes certain Vaccines and pre-employment drug screening required for candidates with employment offers made.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Flexible schedules
- Remote positions available
- Robust PTO package includes 2-4 weeks’ vacation, ~13 paid holidays, 1-week of paid sick leave, and up to 2 personal paid days.
- Companywide events with catering
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance for Full-Time employees
- Long-term and short-term disability
- Voluntary benefit packages are offered, including pet insurance, accident & critical illness coverage, and legal retainer insurance.
- Employee contribution 401K program
- Company advancement opportunities
- Company-provided software and hardware
SenesTech offers competitive compensation based on experience, education, and the current market. This is a full-time, benefit-eligible position requiring 40 hours of work per week.
SenesTech is a publicly-traded company and stock options may also be available as supplemental, performance-based compensation.
SenesTech is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status.
SenesTech is an at-will employer.
SenesTech conducts a series of clearance checks on all final candidates and any offers are contingent on cleared clearances.