SenesTech, Inc. is a platform life sciences company specializing in reproductive physiology. We are the makers of ContraPest®, Birth Control for Rats™, the only EPA-registered, liquid contraceptive bait impacting fertility in both male and female Norway and roof rats. We are seeking a team member as disruptive and innovative as our product who is ready to change the way the world looks at pest population management. Sales professionals ready to jump in at early stages of commercialization, grow with us, and make a difference for our customers and the world can learn more about what we're doing at both www.senestech.com
This position offers a competitive compensation package with a combination of salary plus bonus plus equity compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance and 401k plan.
Regional Sales Representatives play a critical role in the commercialization of ContraPest by representing the front-line of SenesTech interactions with end-use customers and channel partner accounts in their region. The key objectives for this position are to drive their regional topline sales growth through the acquisition of new customers and growing volume with existing customers to increase market share. Field Sales Representative is a cross-functional roll with close ties to the Marketing team to prioritize account targets and deploy various tactics to provide customer education, build customer trust and loyalty, maintain a strong awareness of competitor and market response to ContraPest.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Routinely conduct on-site visits with customers in all market verticals: Municipalities, Agribusiness, Commercial, Pest Management and Zoos/Animal Sanctuaries.
- Evaluate customer targets based upon sales potential and ContraPest fit in cooperation with the Marketing team regularly.
- Develop a strategic work/travel plan that ensures contact with key customers every 6-8 weeks.
- Interpret customer needs based on their current Integrated Pest Management (IPM) practices and management goals, and develop, with SenesTech Field Development staff as needed, a prescription for ContraPest deployment.
- Achieve or exceed territory sales goals.
- Utilize selling skills to accelerate ContraPest adoption whenever possible.
- Establish and maintain accurate, up-to-date SalesForce (CRM) records.
- Organize and conduct ContraPest product use training for channel partners and end-user accounts in collaboration with Marketing and other cross-functional teams.
- Evaluate competitive product performance and determine ContraPest entry as an IPM tactic in key accounts.
- Develop and maintain a Territory Business Plan to be used, among other things, to plan activities and promotional efforts with channel partner accounts and end-use customers.
- Work collaboratively with Quality Assurance and Quality Control to track, trend, and address product feedback and development.
- Provide monthly update sales/activities reports to the Director of Sales as requested for relevant business meetings and company updates.
- Represent SenesTech with the highest level of professionalism and aptitude in all internal and external communications.
- Willingness and ability to understand and apply our business model based on technical pull value to grow market share.
- The ability to present creative solutions that serve the customer’s needs and support. SenesTech’s growing reputation as a thought leader in the market
- Proven record of being a self-starter, employing independent-minded tactics to achieve goals.
- Ability to work in a matrix-style, team-minded organization
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, listening, and presentation skills.
- Computer, software and technology proficiency and ability to create and produce reports, business correspondence, and presentations.
Required Education and Experience:
- College degree in sales or marketing preferred.
- Serving 3+ years outside sales/account development experience in Ag, pest management, or related industry preferred.
- Proven ability to plan and organize work activities under limited supervision, while demonstrating a sense of responsibility.
- Experience moving new customer leads through the sales funnel to achieve revenue growth.
- Experience working with or calling on governmental and commercial accounts, agricultural or pest management professionals is a plus.
Physical Demands & Travel Requirements:
- Most work is performed prepping for and conducting customer site visits and follow-up.
- Ability to use standard office equipment including computer, telecommunications equipment, desk or cell phone, copier, and fax machines.
- Ability to work more than 8 hours a day as customer visits may require long days in the field visiting rodent harborage on-site to evaluate customer needs.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to rent and operate a vehicle when traveling.
- Willing and able to use air travel when necessary.
- Travel up to 75% including customer visits and scheduled company meetings in Phoenix as needed.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Paid Time Off program.
- Opportunity to make a tangible impact in the company through your work specifically.
- Remote and on-site culture building activities.
- Dog and family friendly corporate office.
Salary determined by years experience, education level, and current market. This is a full-time, benefit-eligible position requiring 40 hours of work per week.
SenesTech is a publicly-traded company and stock options may also be available as supplemental, performance-based compensation.
SenesTech is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status.
SenesTech is an at-will employer.
SenesTech conducts a series of clearance checks on all final candidates and any offers are contingent on cleared clearances.